fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

+5
Stbrian
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Jason Pontecello
Patch
Wishbone
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Empty Re: The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 am

Jason is close behind Wishbone.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Empty Re: The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

Post  Mariah Masters Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Mariah was quiet, she was mostly here to be muscle so she kept her mouth shut and followed directions like a good soldier. There were times where she could be caught gawking in the windows of shops but never long enough to be more then 1 step away from the group.

Mariah Masters

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 pm

The gang step out of the cab, which promptly disappears.

Everything here is in black and white, including you guys.  There is a faint phosphorous glow to everything, as if from an old television.

That's when the wasps come.

Ninety foot tall if they were an inch, the wasps mock your mind and sense of proportion.  Occasionally they begin stinging buildings, which causes them to have large holes in them.

This is an odd moment.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm

"Golly, those are big.  We should probably keep moving...."  He starts to gently push Wishbone forward and takes Mariah's hand and pulls he behind.  "Patch, Dougie, Alex keep up." Jason seems to want to be anywhere but here right now.  He makes towards the 80's.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

But which way is the 80's?  You move through a suburban town center overrun with cyclopean hornets... no sign of a population or store fronts at all...

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Which direction looks to be in technicolor?

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm

There is no color visible, just the rolling hills*

* Boy, those are fake looking hills.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Did the cabbie indicate direction?

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:53 pm

He said and did exactly what he said and did.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Umbral lore 2 to know the direction?

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Not going to help here, no.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm

((OOC: Hi, all. Wishbone here. Currently trying ro post from a motel in Kentucjy on a very balky tabket and a nearly nonexistent wifi sigbal. Here goes,))

Wishbone scabs the area. ((OOC: Sense prey on tge board?))

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm

The member 'Screwloose' has done the following action : 1 masquerade, 2 masquerade, 3 masquerade

'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Paper_small The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Scissors_small
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

https://fallingwaters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Incestigation retest.

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:00 pm

The member 'Screwloose' has done the following action : 1 masquerade, 2 masquerade, 3 masquerade

#1 'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Rock_small

--------------------------------

#2 'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Paper_small
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Sigh. Lucky retest.

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 pm

'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Scissors_small The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm - Page 2 Scissors_small
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 pm

((Is the broad trying to hide? If it isn't there should be no test per book))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Bidding 18.,.should hopefully be enough.

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Sense the Prey doesn't work.  (Target is not alive, also [anticipating Rite of the Questing Stone] target is not a specific item, its like looking for "the nearest Tim Hortons", these gifts are to find specifics, not general objects falling within a class, if that makes sense.  You could quest for "Bob's Hoverboard", but "a hoverboard" isn't going to work.)

Alternatively, and I'm not going with this interpretation, but to show why this is not something that would work... you'd get a hit for every hoverboard in the multiverse.  That is also... less than helpful.

Continuing with this thought, if you wanted THE EXACT hoverboard from Back to the Future 2, that item would either be in Hollywood (for the prop) or The Legendary Realm (for the idea of it).

Last edited by Stbrian on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Thought it would be unique enough. May I have my retests back, in that case?

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah, I kept editing as thought about it, it might help rephrase your question, but you certainly get your tests back.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Common Sense?

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Common Sense - Regarding? Smile

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Nevermind

Jason looks to Wishbone, "What of we tried to get to 1313 Mockingbird Lane, that might be a few decades from here."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:19 pm

A building about a block away explodes as a wasp blasts through it.  It doesn't seem to notice you, and proceeds to start harvesting a pile of cardboard boxes sitting behind one of the houses.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm going to post a couple of ideas at once, given the extreme PITA factor of posting.

First: could I seek the Lawn Bazaar itself?

Otherwise:
Wishbone first looks around for street signs that might point the way. Bad fifties horror films usually feature such signage.  Barring that, I will next look for the inevitabke scrapoy dog that appears in such films. Using a combination of Beast Life and Soirit Speech, I will attempt to get him to guide us.

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 pm

(You certainly could!)

The area seems completely devoid of any life aside from the aforementioned wasps.  Also, whenever nobody is looking, the buildings keep repairing themselves good as new.  The effect is unnerving.

Jason - Common sense - Given what you've been told, you're probably inside a shop right now.  You have to see it Cyberier (I just made up that word).  You've been dropped off in an instance.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm

How large is the area were in?

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Screwloose Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 pm

((OOC: Contacts are killing me, and my glasses are broken. Have to call it a night. Will try to pist tomorrow.))

Sense the Prey on the Lawn Bazaar. In the interests of sanity and fairness, will assume I used the retests on this.

Screwloose

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Jason - It seems to be city sized.  'Seems to' may be decieving though.

Wishbone - We'll use the previous tests, in which case I can say the easiest route lies through any one of the doors of any of these buildings.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Well we need cover anyways, Jason will move the the nearest door, quickly listen to see if he hears something, checking for traps and opening it

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Door is not locked, and opens to an outdoor bazaar.  A strange man with a turban and a iPhone tilts his head and regards you with a curious look.

" Ahh, sneaky spirits!  I did not see you come in! " he explains with an unplaceable accent that screams 'former Soviet Republic'.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 pm

"Yea, seems we have gotten lost, we are looking for the 80's and seems we ended up here... Could you point the way?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 pm

" How could you have gotten lost, when here we have the greatest creatures in the multiverse.  Mechanical Wasps!  What more could your brood lord want to enforce his will? "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 pm

"OH! We will likely to be back, I am very impressed with them and will likely get some for my brood lord, but we have been sent to pick up an item and we can not delay.  If you can point us in the direction of the closest shop selling 80's hover boards I would be much obliged."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 pm

" The 1980's! " he gaffaws, " An era of terrible effects and hackneyed plotting.  John Carpenter, bah!  Give me Curt Siodmak any day!  Now, if you want something really classy, you HAVE to see our Harryhausen collection.  Titans!  Giants!  All properly rendered for that stop motion look today's fashionable Incarna is looking for.   I must insist. "

He puts his arm around Jason's shoulder and leads him out of the Wasp Place.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Jason removes the arm, "I am sorry, but my brood lord is looking for a hover board and nothing else will do.  If you point us the proper way I will put a good word in for you with him and encourage him to come see your amazing wares himself."

Spirit lore for proper use of pronouns.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 pm

The man shakes his head, disappointed, as if he was watching a drunk friend drive away.

" I will not disgrace my finger by pointing towards that place.  But once you have seen... " he shivers, " the Tron collection, I expect you'll come to your senses and come back to see some REAL workmanship. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Jason will gather the others and move the group in to the bazar proper.  He will look around and see if there is any indication of which way is towards the 80's.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:19 pm

((streetwise? GW Lore? to get an idea of where to go? or at least how to get bearings since the place seems so featureless?))

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Ditto

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Once you're out of the Instance and into the Bazaar, its actually much more clear... and MUCH more crowded.

The strange folks here (varying in size from a nickle to a four or five stories) are milling about on their business, paying you no mind.  Dozens of shops can be seen lining the road here, and some distance down the road a scrolling electronic sign can be seen, directing folks to various places.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Jason will indicate the sign and lead the way.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 pm

So you're just going to push through the crowd then, okey dokie!

It takes some time to get through, but you finally arrive at the line for the sign.  It seems to have a mind/machine interface of some sort, folks occasionally stroll up to it, and touch an electrode to their head (or whatever it is they have), then move on to their destination.  The electronic sign just says, 

"Lost your Airt sense?  We can help with that!  Free location finding! "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Well not push, more wade.  He will be looking for signs of he shop on the way to the sign.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Irritatingly, everything here is written in Weaver Speech, or you assume, since you can't read a damn thing except the electronic sign.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Via mind speech the the group <any able to read a damn thing?  It would likely be a bad idea for one of us to try and use that locator thing.>

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 am

Again mind speech <Rat, do you copy?  Can you still hear us?>

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 am

Rat, from a great distance, in the Pack's head: << Shut the fuck up.  Don't do ANYTHING Garouey or you're fucking dead. >>

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next