fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

+5
Stbrian
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Jason Pontecello
Patch
Wishbone
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Empty The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Wishbone crosses into the Umbra and awaits the rest of those making the journey.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Empty Re: The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

Post  Patch Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm

*follows Wishbone*  I'm guessing I should stay with you guys.  Hopefully I won't be away from the bawn too long . . . ?

Patch

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Empty Re: The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Once in the Umbra, Wishbone shifts to Crinos.  "Not if we do this right, no.  If we stay there for any length of time, it's because we screwed something up."
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Jason will cross followed by Mariah.  He will look at the others, "Let's be quick about this so we can move on.  Please give me your hands or claws." He digs in his bag and pulls a long peice of string from it.  As the other put out their hands he starts to weave the strings between theirs fingers, weaving their hands together.

He starts to recite the rite "This sting bonds us as pack, one pack from many origins.  We will act as one for our missions."

Once he binds their hands together he pulls the sting tight, cutting in to the hands of everyone bound.

((Chops for rite and rituals retest.  Top is Jason bottom is universe))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Chops

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

The member 'Jason Pontecello' has done the following action : 1 masquerade, 2 masquerade, 3 masquerade

#1 'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Rock_small The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Paper_small

--------------------------------

#2 'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Scissors_small The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Paper_small
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

https://fallingwaters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:55 pm

**Mariah can ghost, but can't do anything  until I get a sheet and approve it.**

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm

((Ill poke Sam to try and send it tonight))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 pm

((OOC: If we do this right, I'm hoping sheets won't come into play too much, anyway.))
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougie Clint Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Dougie follows keeping close to Wishbone.)
Dougie Clint
Dougie Clint

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 pm

"Okay.  Here's the plan.  We're going to the Cyber Realm to buy something.  It's gonna be big and bright and shiny, and it's going to be full of spirits who really, REALLY want you to stay...because Gnosis is everything there, and every one of us is a walking Gnosis factory. 

I'm going to summon a guide, a spirit who knows the Cyber Realm and can take us exactly where we need to go.  Then I'll perform the Rite of Becoming to anchor us, so we can get back.  We're gonna go there, go DIRECTLY to where the item is, and negotiate for it.  Once we have it, we're coming straight back.  Do NOT get sidetracked.  I don't care HOW interesting or tempting it is, it's an attempt to trap you, and we don't have time for that.  Clear?"
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:23 pm

"The item we are looking for is a pink hover board.  If you have seen 'Back to the Future: Part 2' you know the one.  What I know about the umbra tells me that it can be purchased at any number of shops, but we need to keep weary.  As Wishbone said there are many shiny things.  This is home turf for the Weaver so I would expect that when we get back cleansings will be the order of the day.  I will warn you now, if you start looking at too many shinnies you will get a nice long look at my smiling mug."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougie Clint Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 pm

This is going to be interesting.
Dougie Clint
Dougie Clint

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 pm

"Wish, let's do this."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Wishbone nods and leads the way towards the Anchorhead, the jumping-off point.  Once everyone is gathered, he begins to perform the Rite of Becoming.

(Chops.  First is me, second is the world.)
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

The member 'Wishbone' has done the following action : 1 masquerade, 2 masquerade, 3 masquerade

'RPS' :
The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Paper_small The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Paper_small
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

https://fallingwaters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

(OOC: Ehrm...is RPS broken?)
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Nope, you tied, so good so far.  Bye everybody!  I'm fairly allowing you guys to shotgun this to get to the Cyber Realm, once there though, we're going to have to get much more granular.

Last edited by Stbrian on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 pm

((in attendance with pack.  let me know IC if I need to do something. otherwise I'll try to keep the post clutter down.))

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 pm

((OOC: Okay.  Weird--I can't see the chops.  Shotgunning away...))

Once the Rite of Becoming is complete, Wishbone begins a second Rite, this one of summoning. 

"We need a spirit of the city...one who knows the City of the Spiders inside and out, who can take us to where we need to be.  I think I know just the spirit...and, luckily, it's not raining.  You can never get a cab when it's raining."

<< Checker Cab!  All-Knowing Cabbie!  Your fare calls to you!  The meter is running! >>
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 pm

A yellow taxi cab appears about ten feet in the air, then crashes to the umbral ground in front of the gang.  The cab is futuristic looking, by the aesthetic sense of the late 1980's.  The drive is plastic and smiles broadly.  He does not blink.

" Hello hello, what's happening mates? "

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0KQbPt8YS8Mi6JaQvoV_mKxWSLGKNQwNMhE72nZVf3z8MPm4uRA

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 am

Wishbone leans in.  << Thanks for stopping.  We need to get to Spider City.  Downtown Spider City.   Specifically, we need to go to a shop that sells... >>  He thinks of how to translate the description into Spirit Speech.  << ...the pink hoverboard from Back To The Future.  When it comes to knowing what's what and where is where in the city, you're the one to go to.  We want to get there, conduct our business, and leave...without any unpleasantness.  Can we do business? >>
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:08 am

Johnny Cab is excited to help!

" Movie shit?  Yeah, I know where you can find magic sleds, light sabers, the works.  Hell, I can probably get you a Death Star if the price is right.  We'll have to go to the Lawn Fete of Overused Cliches.  Dangerous place, but if you play your cards right, you can get whatever you need.  Hop in, hop in. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 am

<< Well, let's talk fare first.  I was thinking...4 Gnosis.  2 now; 2 for the return trip.  How's that sound? >>

Wishbone turns to the others.  "Oh, one thing...they don't much like Garou in Spider City.  We're gonna have to be low-key, and that means..."  He suppresses a grimace of distaste.  "...homid."
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 am

" Four Gnosis?  Now you know I wasn't born yesterday.  Actually, I'm not entirely certain I was born at all.  Did I even exist before you called me?  Existential struggle for another day, and I'll need at least fifteen Gnosis, all up front.  Just looking at you guys, I know I'm gonna need the juice just to cover my losses from trying to hide you. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:36 am

((Is the sprit speaking English?))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 am

(Yes, '<<>>' indicates spirit speech, by local convention)

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 am

((Cool beans)). 

"You know the local spots to get the board, how much do ya think it will cost us?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:54 am

The Cab is noncommittal, " One dicker at a time, mister wolf. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:55 am

<< Gah...do we look like we're made of Juice?  Fifteen up front, and we won't have anything to pay the man when we get there!  I see your point, and a cabbie's gotta make a living...how about this.  Five now, cash up front.  Five more per month for the next two months.  You get your fifteen; we get to spread the pain out a little.  And you know my word is good when it comes to a bargain. >>
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 am

" Six now, six when I bring you back to this place. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Cage Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 am

(OOC: Sorry guys. I would have been here for this. Had a rough day at work and then conked out when I got home. Alex was here for this. Unless the STs say different)
Alex Cage
Alex Cage

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:32 am

Wishbone nods.  << Done.  And done. >>

He turns to the pack.  "Okay, guys.  The fare is six now, six when we come back.  Taking a cab to one of the Umbral Realms isn't cheap, but it's worth it.  That's going to be one from each of us."

Wishbone produces the cup for the necessary Rite, passing it around as he begins to chant.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:45 am

Jason will drop a gnosis in the cup.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Cage Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 am

Alex will drop one in as well
Alex Cage
Alex Cage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

*offers a gnosis*

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 am

Once the cup is filled, Wishbone offers it to Johnny.

<< Your fare, o guru of gridlock. >>
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm

" Alright kiddies, hop in and cue the Willie Wonka montage! "

The doors open.  It seems unlikely you'd all be able to fit in the cab, but such are the mysteries of faith.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 pm

*climbs in in homid*

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Cage Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 pm

*Alex gets in as homid form*
Alex Cage
Alex Cage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Wishbone likewise climbs in, awkward as ever in homid.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:12 pm

(God, I would usually run this in much more detail, this next sentence would usually be at least a week of board time.)

There is a sploosh of wild colors and spiderey trails, a brief sense of weightlessness, then an abrupt sense of impact.

The inside windows are fogged, but the driver mechanically and cheerily announces, " You have now left your world behind.  Welcome to the home of the Awesome! "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 pm

((OOC: Sorry about that, Brian.  Wouldn't normally try to rush a scene like this, but it's an insane month.))

"Speedy as always, Cabbie.  About how long do you think it'll take to get to the bazaar from here?"
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 pm

" Its just down the road.  I parked in Fifties Monster Movie Cliches, the Eighties are just a few decades down. "

He pauses.

" I'll leave the meter running and throw cloak on till you get back.  Just say the key phrase and I'll dephase. "

He pauses again.

" The key phrase is, '[OOC: Redacted, you should have remembered it.]' "

Last edited by Stbrian on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Wishbone nods, repeats it to be sure he's got it.

"Okay.  The thing to remember here is "low key."  We CANNOT afford to make a scene.  Every Weaver spirit you could imagine lives here, and they'd all like nothing better than to deliver a pack of Garou to their bosses.  If we try to fight, we'll be swarmed under in no time.  We negotiate, we bluff if we have to, and if all else fails, we turn tail and run.  Do NOT stand and fight.  Do NOT get any delusional ideas of making a hero's stand to buy time for the rest of the pack to escape.  If you make a hero's stand, you'll probably end up getting us ALL stuck here.  If worst comes to worst, we retreat to this point and get the hell out."

He looks around.  "But it shouldn't come to that.  We're just a group of shoppers here to do a little business.  Keep that in mind, and we should be okay.  Now, is everybody ready?"
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:45 pm

*nods*

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:19 am

"Yea, lets do this." He will be looking out the window, clearing a little fog if need be.))  ((What does he see.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:33 am

Peering outside, you see a black and white landscape... a quiet suburban town center.  

Something like this:

The Umbra: Voyage to the Cyber Realm Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd52934ezl-wpfe5ClBEfKOhSPAE_4R3T4mFZ8x1DkkI_fB6xs

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:42 am

"Wonderful, it's like Pleasantville out there.  Leeroy?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 am

"Pleasantville?  No.  Santa Mira.  Downingtown.  Rockdale."  He grins mirthlessly.  "Fifties Monster Movie cliches, remember?  Times like this, I'm glad I grew up next to a drive-through.  Let's go.  First rule: stay together."

He steps out of the cab.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next