fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd.

5 posters

Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 pm

A large bonfire crackles merrily dancing with Fire Spirits near the brink of the falls as Helios begin to set in the Western Sky. Works for Food stands by the Fire a large cloth sack at his feet. There are Acorn Squash, and Corn and Beans as well as the First Fruits of the autumn lay out at the Brink of the Falls.

Works begins a Chant:

Hail Helios Bringer of Life and Light, Hyperion, Katanka-Sonnak we bring you praise for the long summer days and warm summer nights we thank you. Hail Luna ruler of the night blessed Phoebe, Sokhta who gifts us with her moon paths and bridges she who shines down upon us we ask for your blessing and protection in the long nights to come!

We are gathered here to give thanks to Helios on this day of Transition from the Dominance of Helios to that of Luna. We are here also to beseech Luna for her aid in the coming months. We are here to hold a vigil from the setting of the Helios to the setting of Luna. We will commemorate our Victories with tales of Valor and Glory we will dedicate these tales to the Glory of Luna of Phoebe and as some call her Sokhta. We will show our trophies and as Luna Sets with the coming of day we will sacrifice them to the Fire in thanks.

Works for Food pauses expectantly as the Light of Helios setting in the west is nothing but a Red Glow then he recites a small Poem.

Warm summer sun,

Shine kindly here,

Warm southern wind,

Blow softly here.

Green sod above,

Lie light, lie light.

Good night, dear heart,

Good night, good night.

Who among you has a tale of Glory to tell !!!

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty *hmmmmmm*

Post  Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 am

Tosses another Log carefully from the pile at his back onto the Fire as only the Dim Light of the Aetheral Realm Sun remains visible in the Umbra and as Luna Fills the Umbral Sky.

Nobody got the courage to go first huh... well let me get you started then this is a real old Poem my Nana taught me when I was a Kid if'n you want to know what it means you probably better talk to one of the Theurge cause I dont rightly know myself but its beautiful and its kind of appropriate to the changin of the Seasons.

Fiery spear, blazing eyes

First the warrior marks the skies

Fruitful mother, giving birth

Welcomes new life to the earth

Lucid messenger, swift of mind

Carries truth and rumor twined

Silent Lady, mystery-born

Sheds her light from dusk to morn

Bright wind’s fury, lord of might

Changes darkness into light

Secret-Keeper, hidden one

Whispers of the time to come

Battle-Sister, maiden wise

Sees the world through clouded eyes

Restless traveler, far from home

Finds it wise to walk alone

Lord of heaven, distant king

Casts his rule O’er every thing

Calm advisor, child of peace

In his presence troubles cease

Shadow-watcher, wrapped in dreams

From his wisdom knowledge streams

Ceaseless spinner, never still

Weaves the patterns of her will

Shards of anger, ranging free

Rip apart the tapestry

*looks about still with eyes bandaged listening expectantly*

Do none of the Septs Galliards have a tale of Glory to offer to Luna on this night ?

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty Re: the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd.

Post  Patch Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 am

*listens intently, but stays silent*

Patch

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty Re: the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd.

Post  Bob MacCoy Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Bob is sitting and waiting for a Galliard to speak a tale.
Bob MacCoy
Bob MacCoy

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Wishbone isn't there--the first time since the caern was reborn that the Master of Rites has missed an important rite.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty *frowns*

Post  Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 am

*after waiting a suitably long period of time Works for Food Continues*

Well if y'all are goin' to sit around its going to get awful dull just listening to me prattle on all night long and I aint going to bring out the jug to pass around ta break the tedium until someone else tells a tale or two.... but lets see I got another one that needs to be told... and I got a special one for a bit latter.

I come to tell you a tale of the Glory of the Pack we call the Guardians or Lights Outs Pack dedicated to Sturgeon and Honorably serving this Sept! I speak of Lights Out Adren Ahroun of Wendigo there Alpha, or Moon-Dagger Fostern Ahroun of Wendigo, of Voice on the Hill Adren Theurge of Wendigo, of Ghost Snow Fostern Galliard of Wendigo and of Bullet-Point Fostern Philodox of Wendigo. I dedicate this story of their Glory, Dedication, and honorable defense of this Sept to Luna may her blessing shine down upon us all in the nights to come.

Now this was quite a few moons ago, and all sorts of stuff was a happen’n Sewer Pipe had just become warder, and the BSD were creatin a Pit and most of us were off plottin to interfere with that when we got the message that the Caern was under attack. We came rushing back in time to help clean up but I understand that the Guardians under Lights Out and Sewer Pipe managed to hold off a whole bunch of Fomori and corrupted humans with all sorts of heavy military fire power.

Now I heard most of this second hand cause I was up in the Heart but there were bullets flying from machine guns and grenades goin off left and right and still Lights Out and his packmates managed to hold off the attackers and even thin’d out their numbers some until help was able to arrive. They stood and defended this Caern and this Sept putting their lives at risk for the greater good and for Gaia. May the dedication, and Honor of Lights Out and his pack bring the Glory of Luna’s blessing’s on this Sept and Caern’ in the nights to come.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sewer Pipe Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:59 pm

*walks in and catches the end of the tale.*
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Light's Out and a few of the Guardian Pack stay by the outside of the ritual, continuing their rounds.

" Respectfully, Alpha. Sewer Pipe was our leader, he deserves all the praise for our success that day. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sewer Pipe Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:55 pm

*looks at Works for food after nodding to lights out et al*

Not the first time my part has been over looked. won't be the last.
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty *smiles*

Post  Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am

Thank You Lights Out but this was a story of your packs dedication and I have not over looked my Brother Sewer Pipe I have another story in mind about Sewer Pipe and his Pack if the one who was supposed to tell it fails to do so !!!

*Blindly Looks out at the audiance*

So even I tire of my own voice who will tell the next tale ???

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty Well Still only me

Post  Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 am

Now this next story is kind of personal and it is really all about the gifts that Luna gives to us so I decided to tell it in a very special way…

*Works for Food concentrates for a moment and the shadows thrown off by the Fire light seem to thicken, grow long and swirl about*

Walks with Gaia in the Wastes and I were out looking for a Special Gift that Luna grants to us. The Path Stones that allow the creation of Moon Bridges we had a lead on where one might be found and so we were on our way back our prize in our possession when the servants of the Wyrm tried to foil our plan.

*As Works’ speaks the shadows form into to two human shapes walking the vague outline of a city street. Suddenly from all Sides 5 Black Crinos Garou appear forming themselves from the Shadows as they move to attack the two human shapes that closely resemble Works for Food and Wishbone.*

Now Wishbone and I had thought our mission was secret but they Wyrm are sneaky and they were waiting for us and the battle was engaged. I squared off with the biggest look’n one and tried to stare him down as Wishbone activated a talon and summoned an Earth Elemental to our aid. As one of the BSD hanging back behind the others aimed some weird device at me which he failed to make work.

*As the story continues the Shadows continue to dance the 5 Black Garou shapes advancing to attack the largest charging in on Works as he changes to Crinos and strikes him a glancing blow with its claws, Wishbones shadow throws something on a ground and a earth Elemental rises up and block the advance of one of the three Black shadows moving to attack him. And Works foe strikes at him rapidly only to blocked three times. One Black Shadow hangs back pointing something at Work’s shadow he then stops and bangs it against his hands in frustration.*

Now Wishbone summoned forth a second Stone Elemental to aid our fight while dodging blows from his attackers. The first Stone Elemental and one of the BSD Ahrouns and his companion traded blows. I was able to lock eyes with my attacker a big ahoun I guess who snarled in rage at being unable to attack me. The BSD who hung back once again failed to make his mysterious device work. The Two BSD manage to destroy the First Earth Elemental and one of the victors comes rushing to aid his comrade with the second while the other raced to attack Me from behind. Wishbone and this attacker met in a flurry of claws and fang but moved between myself and the one I had locked my gaze upon freeing him to attack and he rained blow after blow after blow upon me some dodged some blocked but many to many striking home driving me to the ground.

*The dance of shadows continues showing one of the Earth Elementals trading blows with two of the BSD and being torn apart after doing some damage. The Second Elemental is slowly winning its battle with the BSD it faces and the BSD who is hanging back again beats his device and snarls at its failure to work. As one Earth Elemental dissipates fading into the ground Wishbone leaps Work’s Shadows Defense and the deadly stare down between Works and his opponent is broken and in a flurry of rage his opponent attacks once, twice, three times and yet again the final blow drops Works Shadow to the Ground*

Now I was lyin on the ground nearly dead but the Next thing I know Wishbone is fighting my opponent and his but there is a poultice on my chest so I Slap another one on and get up to get back into the fight. Wishbone claws up one of his opponents but is clawed up badly in return and Frenzy’s while I attack one his opponents. The Earth Elemental lands a punishing blow on one of the BSD the first Ahroun wounded from his earlier fighting and drops him. The One hanging back apparently gets his device to work as it makes a humming noise but there is no visible effect.

*The Shadow Earth Elemental lands a blow to the head of the One BSD Driving it to the ground as the second claws at it ineffectually in a frenzy of blows. The BSD that was hanging back points his device in triumph it ends glows and the BSD face twist into a grimace of surprise when nothing happens. Wishbone slaps a poultice on the crumbled shadow of Works for Food and Works waking from that Poultices uses another and gets back into the fight as Wishbone single handedly trades blow with two BSD one of which was the large Ahroun.*

Now It was tooth and claw there for a minute and then Wishbone collapsed and I jumped in between him and his opponent to guard him and I took a few to many blows just barely managing to stay on my feet. I think both sides were wearing down and I managed to put our last poultice on Wishbone while holding off the big ahroun and his buddy went to help the BSD slowly being beaten down by our last Elemental Ally. I think we were all getting tired I know I was out of Rage and I thank Gaia that I think the big ahroun finally was as well because I thought we were done as I locked gazes with the Big Ahroun one last time weaving unsteadily on my feet. Wishbone was getting back up and the BSD managed to finish off the Last of the Earth Elementals.

*By the Flickering fire light the Shadows continue their dance Wishbone and Works for Foods Shadows trade blows with their opponents and the Large Ahroun releases another flurry of attacks that culminate in his dropping Wishbone to the Ground bleeding and Works for Food Shadow interposes himself taking the last blow meant to finish Wishbone. Wishbones other opponent with a snarl of victory moves to save his Ally who is losing the fight to the Earth Elemental. Works for food pulls something from inside his coat and accepting a blow from the Ahroun buts it on Wishbones abdomen and Wishbone deathly still forms moans and begins to move again in pain but still alive. And with his last wavering strength his shadow swaying Works Shadow locks gazes yet again with the big BSD ahroun.*

Now someone had heard all the noise and we could hear the Police Sirens in the distance and we’ll all of the BSD were nearly as wounded as Wishbone and I were and despite all they had done we were both still on our feet or well mostly on our feet. The Big Ahroun snarled in rage at being unable to attack and the one in the Back the only unwounded one decided it was time to leave they backed off and then ran off into the darkness and Wishbone and I were to wounded to give chase. We gathered a trophy took the BSD body into the Umbra to hide it and retreated towards the rest of our pack mates summoned by our totem.

*The Big BSD is locked in a deadly stare there is light flashing flickering from the fire in the distance. The Shadows stand all showing fatigue and wounds. With a snarl of rage the large BSD backs away at the urging of the other shadows and then they quickly run off down an ally shifting to Lupus forms as they do so. With a Grimace Works picks up the one BSD Body and together with Wishbone they seem to pass through a mirror formed of Smoke and Shadow in the air to re-appear on the other side of the mirror. Where Work’s Shadow removes a knife and cuts off the head of the BSD he has carried. Then the two Shadows run off away from the direction the BSD went on a path made of Shadow reflecting the light of the fire so they glow. Until suddenly the Shadows fade away leaving nothing more than normal shadows dancing to the fire.*

Now that is the story of how Wishbone and I recovered one of the blessed gifts given by Luna for the Sept. And that is how Wishbone and I got this trophy which will be consigned to the flames in honor of Helios and in thanks to Luna.

*Works for Food removes the head of the Black Furred Crinos Werewolf with Tattoos encrusted in Salt from the Bag at his feet and tossed it onto the Fire*

Back to top Go down

the Umbra Goat Island just before Sunset Sept 22nd. Empty *hmmm*

Post  Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 am

*Works For Food Gathers up the Weapon Belt and the BSD Head and tosess them onto the Bonfire with the last of the Spiritual Wood he pauses*

Everyone Join me around the Fire !

Once the people stop moving about he continues !

We pray to Helios in thanks for the bounty Summer had Granted us and we Give thanks to Luna for her gifts that will support us durring the long nights to come.

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:06 am

*head lowered, respectfully, listening*

Patch

Character sheet
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down