fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering in honor of Works For Food

+6
Skippy Pathfinder
Aleta Selk
Patch
Wishbone
Guards the Home
William Erikson
10 posters

Go down

Gathering in honor of Works For Food Empty Gathering in honor of Works For Food

Post  William Erikson Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:07 pm

the gibbous moon is nearing its climax when a powerful howl (call of the wild) signals the service will soon begin
William Erikson
William Erikson

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Get of Fenris

Back to top Go down

Gathering in honor of Works For Food Empty Re: Gathering in honor of Works For Food

Post  Guards the Home Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

:: pads in and quietly sees what this is about :c
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Gathering in honor of Works For Food Empty Re: Gathering in honor of Works For Food

Post  Wishbone Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Wishbone is there, of course.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 am

*Patch arrives and finds a spot to sit. Dark circles under his eyes match his distant gaze as he stares into the distance blankly.*

Patch

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  William Erikson Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 am

There is an elaborate setup as people walk in, a small viking-ish boat with various symbolism of Works for Foods deeds rank tribe ect, a chisel and hammer lie on a silk cloth near a spot for his name to be carved, a large leather bound book with inlaid gold text on the cover that says "Works For Food - Adren, Eldest Galliard, Talesinger, Caller of the Wyld, Den Father, and Alpha of Falling Waters" with a large elaborate pen sitting next to it, of course there is a podium at the front and a picture of Works for Food on the front, the hall is to say the least elaborately decorated, if a bit Norse in inspiration.
William Erikson
William Erikson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleta Selk Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 am

*Aleta comes and stands near Wishbone as the howl begins to fade*
Aleta Selk
Aleta Selk

Character sheet
Tribe: Silent Striders

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 am

Skippy joins in the howl of mourning. He looks like he is very sleepy and trying to participate despite it.
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

:: joins the howl ::
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  William Erikson Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 pm

ooc: waiting a while to start service so oocly ppl know this is happening
William Erikson
William Erikson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Reily Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 pm

*Sean walks in and nods to those he knows and joins the howl*
Sean Reily
Sean Reily

Character sheet
Auspice: Philiodox
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 am

Kat sits in the shadows.
Kat
Kat

Character sheet
Tribe: Black Furies

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob MacCoy Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:37 am

Bob stands quietly at the rear with a frown upon his face.
Bob MacCoy
Bob MacCoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  William Erikson Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:26 pm

William Erikson gets up to the podium and begins speaking
"Thank you all for coming my fellow garou. This is a somber day, as we remember the mighty Works For Food, our sept alpha who valiantly laid down his own life for the protection of us all, and of all whom dwell in this place. He is now a guardian fighting off constant advances of the most vile forces bound deeply in a prison that has stood for countless years. For this great deed we remember and honor him, but not for that alone, indeed this mighty garou, this eldest Galliard of our sept has done more in his short time here at falling waters then most could do in two lifetimes. I know he was a teacher, a leader, and a friend to us all... In his honor we carve his name into the hall of hallowed heroes... but first i would ask any and all who would like to share to come and say a few words and share a story of the bold the mighty, the wise, Works for Food"
William Erikson
William Erikson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Wishbone moves forward slowly.

"Works For Food. He's been my partner in crime for years, now--since well before we came back to Buffalo. In a lot of ways, he's the Bone Gnawer's Bone Gnawer. Never cared much about making it pretty, as long as the job got done. And he always made sure the job got done...no matter how dirty it was, no matter how hard it was. He always got the job done."

"When we came back...we caught a lot of flack for it. Lotta Garou thought Buffalo was a lost cause. That Garou who came back here were throwing away their lives. Works For Food never wavered--because, y'see, he knew we had a job to do here. And, like I said, he always got the job done."

"Hell...I guess that's been the story of our friendship. I'd get us in over our heads, and then Works For Food would find a way to get the job done. When we went to recover a Pathstone for this Sept, we got jumped by the Dancers on our way back. It was him and me against five of them...and when the smoke cleared, both of us were still standing, and their Ahroun was dead. Was it easy? No. Was it pretty? No. In a Galliard's story, we probably woulda killed all five of them, and we wouldn't have been half-dead ourselves. But we were still standing, and that's what matters. He found a way to get the job done. Wasn't for him, I'd be dead...or worse."

"And that brings us to the Guardian. Again, I got us in over our heads. Didn't stop to think about what might happen if Silent Night summoned a Helios spirit down in that cave and then died. With both of them dead, there was no Guardian, and that means there was nothing to keep the Destroyer of Cities from coming back. And we couldn't get in, because the wards were all back in place. Truth be told, I thought it was all over."

"But Works For Food found a way. He grabbed Dasota and got HER to open up the way, using Bullroarer's blessing. I figured I'd jump out in front, stop him from becoming the Guardian by doing it myself." He chuckles softly and shakes his head. "Wouldn't you know it, that slippery Galliard found a way to put one over on me. He ordered Dasota to only open the way for the two of them--and I didn't realize until it was too late that he wasn't the Alpha any more, and I could've countered his order."

Wishbone is silent for a few moments, then pulls out Works For Food's old jug. "Here's to you, my friend. You played me like a fiddle...and you got the job done."

He takes a drink, then lays the jug down on the ground before Works For Food's memorial.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Chases Cars rises.

"Don't put up whatcha can't put down. My pack kicked this thing in the teeth and we got wiped out for it, price I'm gonna pay for the resta my life. Works did the hard thing, did the smart thing. Built a team and got the job done. Now he's living in the shitter of the devil himself and giving the old bastard hemmeroids, don't think there's been a better out for a 'Gnawer in the whole damned Silver Record.

Here's to you, Works for Food, you got the fucking job done." He raises a flask and takes a hearty swig.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down