fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Week to Session.

2 posters

Go down

One Week to Session. Empty One Week to Session.

Post  Stbrian Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 am

Okay.  Now, please keep in mind I've never done anything like this before, jumping orgs with a flying reset with only three weeks of notice. We're really sort of winging it, trying to find the best way forward... but this whole process feels like trying to turn a truck around while going about ninety miles an hour.  Even if I've spoken with you today about this, please read this closely, because there's a lot of information here, and some of it is new.  

Here's what's we've got on our minds at the moment, with a tentative resolution to follow:

(a)  Negotiations with MES continue.  We've had an impressive show of force with folks signing up as paid members, and I really appreciate that.  Please keep signing up, every name we can point to as a paid member helps our cause, and shows that Buffalo will be a force to be reckoned with in MES. Right now we're discussing what territory will be under Buffalo's control and we are just starting to get to the point where we can talk about Garou genre (venue style sheets, etc).  I know those of you who want into MES want this to happen yesterday, but there's a process to be moved through, and we're already moving as fast as we bloody can while still committing to due diligence.  

If we can get the chapter application approved by Saturday, then great.  I'd say 70% chance we get the chapter application done, but only about 15-20% we have the venue (Garou) sheet done, only because there needs to be a lot more give and take about that.  Without the venue sheet and such approved, we can't run MES Garou for you, nor approve sheets.  But
what we can do is guide folks through the process and get them to where we're basically pre-approving for when we have the ability to formally do so.  It is possible, based on player demand, that we may hold another session before our formal October session, once we're approved and good to go for MES Garou.  But that's just a thought right now, and if we don't have a strong turnout this Saturday, we won't have much motivation to do so.

(b) We do need to have a player vote to join MES.  While support has been very positive on the forums, I was clear when I posted our initial poll that I was simply asking for a feeling of the room.  I was clear that the forum poll that wasn't binding, and I don't feel comfortable going back on that.   So we need to have a player vote to bring FW into MES or stay Troupe. I've thought about how we could handle the failure of the MES vote, but honestly I've been focused on how we move forward in a new org.  But I'll abide by the wishes of the players, of course.

(c) There is a lot of differing opinions from players about how we proceed through the next week.  Many players want a hard and final reset to move into the new continuity, while others want to resolve the current world and its story before moving into the next.  Most of us (myself included) find themselves on a spectrum between those two options.  

There has been a strong feeling from a lot of people that since we're moving into a new continuity, that our local continuity will also be tossed.  Because of that, many folks don't think there is any point to playing in FW until the transition is complete.  Me and Bucky have been really clear about this; we see this as a transition, not a stopping and starting.  This is a semicolon, not a period.  What you do in the coming days and at session WILL have bearing on what happens in the sessions and years to come, for both the game as a whole, and for your individual character stories (for those who manage to survive at least).

Normally I'd be able to get opinions from the majority of our players at the other LARPs, but that hasn't really been an option this month.  Whatever your belief about how we should proceed, I humbly ask that you give us a shot.  We think we've got a cool way to get through this.

(d) Oh, and btw, there's a shitload of info we all have to digest, new hours rules, new org rules, etc etc.  I know several of you have built new sheets for MES already, but we still need to review everything and approve them, once we have that ability.

So team Falling Waters needs to make some choices before session, choices about what sequence to get through all these hurdles, while at the same time trying to maintain a fun evening for our (more than a bit weary from a really shitty month) player base.  If we leave all this stuff for session and discussion, then we're going to get left in the lurch.  And of course, you guys have a lot of choices to make.  Unlike a lot of STs, I don't mind if you get in touch with me.  Find me on facebook or pm me here.  I'm glad to talk, but I'm also glad to just listen.  I want candid opinions, I want feedback, and I want discussion.  I have a boring desk job and I love this game.  I'm a resource.  Use me. Smile

So.  Here's what I'm thinking.  This is not final, but represents me best effort to get us through the next month.  Advice and input appreciated. 

(a) Player Vote closes at 7pm.  Proxy votes will be fine, just get your votes to me or Bucky before 7pm Saturday. (Options:  Join MES, Stay Troupe)

-----------------Option 1-  Serial-- What some players have suggested---------------
(b) We run through the transition of Falling Waters through till about seven or eight PM.
(c) We then intro and go over MES character gen.
(d) If we can, we start running in the new world immediately.  But that's contingent on having all OOC crap settled on our (ST->MES) end.  Most likely we'll end up soft RPing with the new sheets for the rest of the night, since probably won't be able to actually formally ST for you yet.  (Nor can we formally approve your sheets)

------------------Option 2 - Parallel--  I think this might be smoother------------
(b) We spend the night as we normally would.  When we naturally transition through the current story, we all pull out our new sheets and just keep playing.
(c) We have MES character gen going on in separate rooms while Falling Waters continues.  Folks can choose what they want to do.
(d) the same restrictions on STing listed above hold, we'll be limited to soft RP 

Either way, I can promise two things.  We're working our butts off to pull this off as smoothly as we can.  When we wrapped last session, we had no idea any of this was coming, and we've had to improvise and bluster, guess and discuss our way though a lot of issues none of us wanted anything to do with.  So, first, I promise that, we're going to work our asses off to make this the best damn game we can.

Two.  Falling Waters is a no drama zone.  If you come to our game, we will do our very best to make sure you have a good time.  I know we all have reason to be cynical, but if you can trust us enough to meet us half way this Saturday, I know we'll all have a good time.  Our community has been sorely tested over the last few weeks.  Be strong enough to put it all aside and remember why this is the greatest hobby in the world.  

I hope to see everybody there, and I hope we have your trust as storytellers.

More to come,
  Brian

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

One Week to Session. Empty Re: One Week to Session.

Post  MrPhoneCall Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:21 am

+1

MrPhoneCall

Character sheet
Breed:
Auspice:
Tribe:

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh yeah, one more thing.  There's a Rochester MES session running the day after Falling Waters, 9/22.  They're running Accord, which seems silly and maybe worth checking out.  Let me know if you're interested in coming, they'd like an approximate head count as soon as we can. Smile

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Option "B" is our official plan of action right now, btw.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPhoneCall Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:19 am

But you only posted options 1 and 2....

MrPhoneCall

Character sheet
Breed:
Auspice:
Tribe:

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 am

Yes, which means we're going with operation " ii ".

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down