fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before-Session Moots

2 posters

Go down

Before-Session Moots Empty Before-Session Moots

Post  Wishbone Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Just wanted to toss this out and see what people think.

We've been having a hard time actually finding time for moots and other Sept roleplaying, simply because so much goes on at session. As I see it, this is a problem for a couple of reasons.

1. It hoses the Galliards. Moots are where they have the chance to shine the most.
2. It hoses people generally in terms of renown. Nobody really gets the chance to hear their deeds, so only people who were right there when the deeds happened actually have a chance to nominate them for renown. (I have three stories about Sept members just waiting for a moot so that they can be told properly, and I'm sure other people have stories, as well.) We also have at least two sept members whose rank challenges are sort of on hold at the moment, because they have to be finished at a moot.
3. It's a big part of playing Garou. Werewolf without moots and rites is like Vampire without politics.
4. It gives us a chance at more interaction outside of our packs. People have commented on the fact that sessions tend to be the individual packs running around dealing with things, and as a result, people who aren't in an active pack tend to be left out in the cold. It would be a good thing if we could mix it up more often.

We thought of a couple of possible solutions:

1. People interested in moots and other big rites could show up a few hours before the official start-time, and we could do it then. As the weather gets warmer, this would also give us a chance to get our grilling and picnicking done before the ground cracks open and we have to run off to save the world. The downside is that some people might have a hard time showing up much earlier than they do now.

2. We could do on-forum moots. This would be more convenient, but has the downside of not really being the same as roleplaying it in person.

I was curious as to what everyone else thinks.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Before-Session Moots Empty Re: Before-Session Moots

Post  Billy Singer Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm

A nitpick, I'd say Werewolf without Moots is like Vampire without Court. It's still missing a big part from the source.

Your first suggestion, as you note, kind of hoses the players without unlimited free time. I like the second one, as internet access is essentially ubiquitous among the playerbase. It also allows us to do moots that last for many hours of storytelling, which is more in keeping with the source material, but difficult to do for a live gaming session.
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Before-Session Moots Empty Hmmm

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 am

Well I admit it would make my job eassier just to write up a story and post it rather then sit down and actually tell it to y'all... but then I cant use my bad southern accent to slip in now and again....

On Line is Role Playing but its a bit stale.

Another possible suggestion is every couple of months we try to schedule another session/picnic but that is yet again a suggestion that requires more free time from players.

But I do agree we need time to do the Rituals of moot and the Storytelling that is supposed to be inherent in the reknown system. Right now many of us are rubber stamping rites of accomplishment things that would normally only happen after a moot where a Galliard told the tale of a packs accomplishments.

Back to top Go down

Before-Session Moots Empty Re: Before-Session Moots

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down