fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring the Hall Pt 2 (Starts Monday Aug 20th)

+4
Brings the Light of Luna
Guards the Home
Patch
Jason Pontecello
8 posters

Go down

Exploring the Hall Pt 2  (Starts Monday Aug 20th) Empty Exploring the Hall Pt 2 (Starts Monday Aug 20th)

Post  Jason Pontecello Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:28 am

(Before this Jason goes and gets the following supplies, Resources 3, and hits the armory/supply stores

1) 2 wagons or plastic snow sleds that will fit in the opening. (Pref wagons)
2) A harness for said device.
3) Several days worth of jerky, nuts, dried fruit, soda bread, and other dried, cookless food and water for 4 people.
4) A box of glow sticks.
5) several pads of grid paper and mechanical pencils
6) 200 feet of high test, light weight climbers rope, pitons, and carabiners
7) Any other Common Sense items that one would take for camping/rock climbing/splunking (pocket knives, first aid kit, string,))

Jason howls for the Sly Ones and waits sitting next to what ever he waits near the pile of gear.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Hall Pt 2  (Starts Monday Aug 20th) Empty Re: Exploring the Hall Pt 2 (Starts Monday Aug 20th)

Post  Patch Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Not trying to intrude on what might be a pack project- but I've got a set of hands, and I'm in decent shape if you want someone to help crawl around and drag stuff.

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Hall Pt 2  (Starts Monday Aug 20th) Empty Re: Exploring the Hall Pt 2 (Starts Monday Aug 20th)

Post  Guards the Home Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 pm

:: in lupus ::

You need help?
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

"I only grabbed enough food for my pack. I intended this to build build trust with in our group and learn how we work together and see what skill we have. But I will not turn down help, but you may need to get food before we leave."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:22 pm

::lupus form:: I not want to get in way of pack bonding, there plenty else to do
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 am

The theurge, in the form of the wolf, arrives. Even with his complete lack of pigment, the Silver Fang bears a regal air about him.

"Ah, now this is a proper undertaking!"
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Silver Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 am

May Gaia watch over you on your quest.

::pads away in lupus form so the other pack can undertake their quest::
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 am

Jason nods at Brings and thanks Guards.

"Well it is our pack's goal to get info and Car's wants this place mapped out. Low risk, I hope, but what ever we encounter will be a test of our pack. We will learn how we work together, our strengths and failings so that we can be our best when we start scouting more important things." He seems to be showing some kind of inner leader he hasn't before. "So you want to call dibs on a flavor of jerky you should do so now, I got dibs on the 'peppered' stuff."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

He gives a wolfish grin. "Something spiced, aside from yours, if you have more."
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 am

"Well, I grabbed the peppered, some 'Frank's' hot sauce kind, and some Teriyaki." Jason grabs one of the pads of paper and a pencil. He starts drawing a map. "So this is what we did last time, and I want to get in at least a good day in before we set a camp. Rain shouldn't be an issue, and we we can find some place to 'den in' when we need to. We can change out who has the cart every hour or so. We will have the wagons between the point and rear guards."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

"That will work. How will you write a map in such a place with that low of a ceiling?"
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 am

"Either do it if/when we get to a larger chamber, or if need be we can shift and lay on our stomach. The passages seem to all be wolf-sized, but I can lay on my stomach and draw and still fit."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm

((OOC: Ready when ya'll are.))

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:31 pm

((Just waiting on the newer folk))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 pm

A young woman walks over wearing a sailor moon shirt camo pants and doc martians. She is carrying a backpack that looks well loved. "Ready!"
Kat
Kat

Character sheet
Tribe: Black Furies

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 am

The wolf seems to cast his doubt upon the two homids but shrugs and
turns, working himself into the harness as well as he can without
thumbs. He pulls against the straps briefly to test the hold. It's...good, but if he sprints it will likely slip away. He takes another few steps forward to the entrance of the Hall of Hallowed Heroes, ready to press on.
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 am

"Kit, your late, you get wagon duty." He motions for the second harness. "Strap your bag up top and get furry.". He moves over to Brings and fixes the harness to be snug but comfy. "There ya go, bud.". Once Kit is wolfed out he does the same for her and turns to who ever is still there (if anyone), "Tell the last of my pack to catch up with us." Jason shifts to lupus and heads in skipping the Fionia chamber they explored last time.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:37 am

Kat glares, "My name's Kat and you two had better turn away while I 'Get Furry!' " She seems less than happy.
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:54 am

The Silver Fang waits until Jason has passed him and is looking away before narrowing his eyes, his blood-red gaze carefully watching his every action, like he's waiting to arrive at a decision.

Brings the Light of Luna looks directly at the Black Fury.

He barks out to her, his wolf-mouth adding a jagged edge to the Garou tongue he speaks. "Why so sensitive? Have you not had your clothing Dedicated to you?"
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:12 am

((Ooc: Apprently my phone does not like the name 'Kat' and autocorrects it to 'Kit'. If the St's are cool with it could we assume I am using the right name?))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 pm

"Wait what's that!? I thought everyone had to take off their clothes?" Kat looks in awe at the Albino.
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

He pauses for just a moment before saying, "Yes. I will show you how, but it will take some time. For now, we should be off. Worry not about your modesty, Gaia gave you a powerful body. Truly, such clothes, beyond used for insulation, are nothing more than Weaver-craft. Come, let us be off!"

The wolf throws his head in the direction of the tunnels.
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm

The Hall as explored so far.

At Atrium -
- The First Passageway
E - Fianna Burial Grounds
N - A small Iron Door

Unless you want to explore the first passageway further, or go into the Fianna burial grounds, there's only one way forward; through the Iron Door.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 pm

"If you two wish to explore the Fianna burial grounds, I will not stop you. I, however, will do them more respect by not entering. It's...what they'd prefer."
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 am

Kat turns around and undresses, slipping her clothes in her pack, then changes to wolf. "It still feels odd to slip my skin to fur." Kat rolls around a bit before walking to her cart. "Ok ready to be hooked up!"
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 am

Jason makes for the Iron Door.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 am

The metis looks from Jason to Kat, then shakes his head as he drags his wagon to Kat. With the skill of someone used to having a muzzle, he helps pull the harness onto her. He bites and tugs at it to make sure it's snug, then ensures her clothes are properly placed on her wagon. Satisfied, he says, "We're good to go."

After just a couple steps he says to Kat, "I know we met in passing. I am Brings the Light of Luna, son of Falcon, born in shame beneath the crescent moon. By what deed may I know you?"
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 am

Jason Pontecello wrote:"Kit, your late, you get wagon duty." He motions for the second harness. "Strap your bag up top and get furry.". He moves over to Brings and fixes the harness to be snug but comfy. "There ya go, bud.". Once Kit is wolfed out he does the same for her and turns to who ever is still there (if anyone), "Tell the last of my pack to catch up with us." Jason shifts to lupus and heads in skipping the Fionia chamber they explored last time.

((Hmm seems things are getting out of order...))

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am

Skippy seems to have hopped down just to wish the team good luck this time. He smiles a wolfish grin and departs quickly.
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm

"Name's Kat homid ragabash and ya know I'm a black fury."
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Jason pokes his head forward and enters into the main gallery.

A large stone hallway, the ceiling only about five feet high, stretches farther than you can see in the dim light. Side rooms, each about fifteen feet away from the other, open out along the hall. Small stone runes are intricately carved above the entranceway.

The two closest are the sigils, one on each side, of the Glasswalkers and the Stargazers.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Jason looks around for where light sources would have been in ages past.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:18 pm

There are occasionally placed holes and vents for torches, yes.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:27 am

Jason will shift to homid and take some of the stuff brought for fire and light some of the brasiers and move to inspect the glass walker tombs/shrines.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Kat will sniff around exploring the area.
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 pm

The Glasswalker area is all marble and polished stone. The ceiling here is a staggering eight feet off the ground, enough for a Homid to stand and feel comfortable.

There are dozens of interred remains here, or so it appears, the walls are very smooth and only the occasional seam shows where one grave ends and the next begins. There are no markings anywhere in the room.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brings the Light of Luna Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Brings the Light of Luna seems utterly uninterested in the Glass Walker tombs, however approaches the Stargazer crypts with reverence like he stumbled across a living legend.
Brings the Light of Luna
Brings the Light of Luna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Entering the Stargazer's crypt, you are confronted with a sheer wall and a strange engraving of a skull. A small, narrow hallway continues past to the right, and seems to circle around behind the strange figure. You are filled with a sense of foreboding.

Exploring the Hall Pt 2  (Starts Monday Aug 20th) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVmwJ6FdRtLppF9QK7vJ6svm8Tk541ct7_b1MFsSYch5y1gssHsDF59akz

Peeking your head down the hall way, you can see in the dim flickering light that another mosaic figure fills the right wall.

Exploring the Hall Pt 2  (Starts Monday Aug 20th) IMG_1407

The sense of foreboding grows. Creepy.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Jason moves over to Brings. "What ya got?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stanley Putski Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am

HELLOOOOO! IS THERE ANYBODY DOWN HERE?
Stanley Putski
Stanley Putski

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:29 am

An echo resounds through the halls, but otherwise all is silent.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Once the voice echos down the hall, Jason returns the call, "In here past the iron door..."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Kat huffs and keeps to the center of the room.
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Jason looks at Kat, "What's up?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

"Creepy here....smells funny."
Kat
Kat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stanley Putski Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:00 am

Stan comes down to join the others. He's wearing quality rugged clothing, a climbing harness, hiking shoes and backpack.

Within his gear he carries:
- large water canteen
- 2 compasses
- 2 pedometers
- 12hr military glow sticks
- 6 road flares
- 1 million candlepower spot light
- 3 small led flashlights
- log book
- 3 each - pencils & pens
- 6 pieces of fat glow in the dark 'sidewalk' chalk
- climbing hammer/pick axe, (2) 80m coils of quality climbing ropes, multiple pitons and carabiners
- 2 zippos
- 2 laser range finders
- digital video camera & point/shot film camera
-
night vision / infrared goggles

I
know some items don't work very well around & they have a habit of
breaking down so I believe in 3 things when it comes to my gear:
redundancy, redundancy & redundancy. Coming across the Glass Walker
tombs I take video footage of the area. Not seeing any markings I also
look them over with the infrared goggles. Once that's done I then take
pictures (no video) of the Stargazer tombs - the skull and the mosaic. I
also write a description in the log book and make a quick sketch. Also
within the log book I begin to map the area & note dimensions taken
with the laser range finder.
Stanley Putski
Stanley Putski

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

When he sees the camera, "Stan, no flash, natural light only, we don't know what's down here and we don't want to spook it."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stanley Putski Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Rodger.. Are the LED flashlights OK or only torch light? The video camera has it's own LED light as well. I only brought the simple vid camera & not the pro cam. :: Stan grins :: Hey, I'm a GW Galliard. I have many, many ways to record everything.
Stanley Putski
Stanley Putski

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 am

"The Warder has asked us to limit our tech while we are down here. I want to respect his wishes, but we need to record what we see. As we move in to the older tombs, we will limit ourselves to torches and rubbings." He starts looking around for a passage deeper, "Stan, take some pics and lets move."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down