fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread**

+4
Sewer Pipe
Young Frank
Aisling Beleran
Stbrian
8 posters

Go down

**Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread** Empty **Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread**

Post  Stbrian Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:30 am

I'm going for it. Hopefully I can make it this year, ran out of steam around the 12k mark last year.

Anyone else trying to live the dream this year?

Day 1 - 1770 words - Enough. Need to build a buffer up though.

Last edited by Stbrian on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

**Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread** Empty Re: **Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread**

Post  Aisling Beleran Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

I'm using it as a poor reason to finish my master's thesis. My name there is laevatein. Friend away! =D
Aisling Beleran
Aisling Beleran

Character sheet
Tribe: Shadow Lords

Back to top Go down

**Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread** Empty Re: **Official Falling Waters Nanowrimo Support Thread**

Post  Young Frank Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:21 am

I'm doing it.

EDITED TO ADD: My username is BeowolfVH.

Day 1: 1,649.

Not enough for me. I'm displeased.

Last edited by Young Frank on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't add username)

Young Frank

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Day 2 - 3022

Just need another thousand words tonight... at least. Focus Murphy!

/John, the web site insists that 'BeowolfVH' does not exist. I'm bleysofamber, add me yo.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sewer Pipe Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:47 am

How long is a novel, and is the zombie/disease genre done to death?
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 am

50,000 word to win. And the world always needs more Zombies.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 pm

I started at midnight on the first.

~3000 day one

4753 at the end of day two

I feel like I'm slowing down, and with the MDA charity dinner tonight I doubt I'll hit 1667 words.

I'm going to be taking off Friday from work to write more, and Mini-Con this weekend is going to be attended but mostly ignored for the sake of writing. I invite both of you to come out to Baldy hall for a gamers write in. We can take a break for Nanofictionary or Once Upon a Time if we need some inspiration.

-Hoffman

MarkWalker

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Wendigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendan O'Monaghan Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Archangel87, 2.5 K words.

Brendan O'Monaghan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 am

“ You are not a very engaging protagonist. “

“ Gaaaaah? “ Marcus found himself waking up to a bearded dwarf sitting on his bed. This was not a situation he was really prepared for, so he sat up and pulled up his blankets protectively. It was all he could really think of doing, he didn’t have anything resembling a weapon handy. Maybe he could hit it with a pillow and jump out the window...

Day 3 - 5354

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 am

Day 3- 5250(roughly)

Crappy story with no clear plot, no well defined characters, and no clear temporal era, at least now I have some dialog to go with my setting that spans from modern day to 1000 years from now and everything in between.

Just so everyone knows, 2046 is when the great mistake happens, you know, the singular event that renders all technology dead. You may want to enjoy your Ipads while you can.

MarkWalker

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 am

Day 4- 8125 words total. Definitely catching up and almost a full day ahead going into tomorrow.

MarkWalker

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:29 am

6773, hope to pound out some words tomorrow. Trying to sneak in a paragraph here and there at work really isn't the way to get head.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 am

You guys are really plugging away, keep at it! I do have one request. If you guys wouldn't mind, finished or not could I read your works? You guys are putting in a lot of effort in and I'm curious about what some of you are writing.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:21 am

There's a few thousand words on my Nanowrimo profile, if you want to take a sampling. But I would feel awful inflicting a full first draft on anyone. IT'S A FIRST DRAFT. GAAARGH Smile

9117 words. I'm going to bed. My characters are getting weird on me.

“Marc? I’m coming in,” his room was a mess. Weirdly, the bed had been stripped of all its linens and his dresser drawers were lying all around the floor, “Marc?”

“I’m in here!” came a faint voice from the closet.

Cyrus swung open the closet door, and was nearly knocked off his feet by a torrent of shirts and pillows. And there was Marc, grinning like an idiot, surrounded by blankets. With a snorkel in his mouth.

“It was so I could breathe,” he explained, spitting the tube out of his mouth. He made it sound like the most normal thing in the world.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Slinked over the 10k mark, and mounting a frontal assault on 15k. First 10k posted to my nanowrimo profile as proof I'm actually doing this. Smile

“Have you considered that you’re not the only one out there like this? That somewhere out there there is some pretty young thing with, “Floor Tom” engraved on her thigh?”

“You’re sick,” Janet observed.

“No, think about it. There’s Floor Tom, and China Cymbal, Bass Drum and Snare Drum. I imagine Bass and Snare as being brothers.” He raised his coffee triumphantly, “This is like the Fantastic Four, or the Constructicons. When you are all brought together it will reveal to this demon-haunted world its first true super heroes!”

“I hate you,” Cindy said with a smirk, “That really is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.”

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am

15k, officially the longest thing I've written since high school. The main characters are now all in place, the story is beginning to move forward, 21 more days to go!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisling Beleran Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 am

YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!

I've been slacking in the meantime. silent
Aisling Beleran
Aisling Beleran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:18 am

Get to work hippie!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisling Beleran Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 am

NO! I'm going to browse reddit FOREVER! tongue
Aisling Beleran
Aisling Beleran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 am

Bah!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:03 pm

20k. Just hit the first shocking twist. I'm shocked.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisling Beleran Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:11 am

So how shocking is your shocking twist?
Aisling Beleran
Aisling Beleran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Twelve!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Black (Kinfolk) Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:50 pm

ooooooo its a Twisssssssssssssst

Mr. Black (Kinfolk)

Character sheet
Auspice: Kinfolk
Tribe:

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:48 pm

(44)

Richard Griffis was having an pretty unremarkable day. He got out of the office around three, picked his teenage daughter from the library, and was now driving home.

Rebecca didn’t have much to say to him anymore. She was sixteen years old, and Richard thought she had a bad case of being sixteen. She used to be his best friend, now here she was, staring out the window, her iPhone earbuds jammed in her ear. He didn’t understand any of it. She was always out, or on her computer, or on her phone. The world was changing and he was losing his little girl.

Sigh. He had to keep reminding himself that she would grow out of it. This was what these years were all about, she’s pulling away, trying to figure out who she is as a person. It’s normal. He just needed to accept the inevitable. Maybe after she got out of college they’d be able to relate to each other as people again.

He pulled into the driveway and pulled some groceries from the back seat. Rebecca didn’t offer to help, but just charged into the house with a quick, ‘thanks for the ride!’

He sighed and hesitated on the porch for a second. He had hoped it was just a phase, just something she needed to go through after her mother died, but over the last few years it only got worse. Did she have a boyfriend? Richard had no idea. At least her grades were still good.

He set the groceries down to open the door, then held the door with his foot and let himself into the house. Both doors were already closed, thanks for the help ‘Becca. Damn it.

He set the groceries down again and reached for his keys. He fumbled in the lock for a second before he heard the door open from the other side.

He didn’t have a chance to scream; High Hat’s claw took him right in the throat, punching right through his windpipe and spinal cord. The last thing Richard Griffis saw was his daughter suspended in the air by the creature’s other hand, her body swinging limply on a claw.

He never understood anything.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down