fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gnosis

+4
Wishbone
Skippy Pathfinder
Patch
Guards the Home
8 posters

Go down

Gnosis Empty Gnosis

Post  Guards the Home Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm

I assume between sessions you fill up on Gnosis. But since I have become more active on the boards. How fast does Gnosis come back?

I asked this on my pack board, and figured other’s might be wondering.

And is it me or does almost every gift require Gnosis, MUCH more then table top?
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Gnosis Empty Re: Gnosis

Post  Patch Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:13 pm

yeah. I have trouble using any gifts, shifting forms or shifting to the Umbra because the use of 1 point of rage or gnosis makes me effectively incapacitated.

Patch

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm

You need more Rage and Gnosis.That part sucks but Ragabash rank up faster usually.
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 pm

For Ragabash, I will point out that one of your Intermediate gifts costs Social Traits, 2 of your intermediate gifts cost Gnosis and 2 of your Advanced gifts cost Gnosis. The rest of them are free and many of them also don't require any challenges. None of them require Rage or Willpower expenditures.
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm

ragabash is solid- though open seal is a gnosis test. it's 2, 3, 1 for Homid gifts and 3,2,1 for GW (only using the core book). In fact I specifically took gifts that didn't require Gnosis because I knew I wouldn't have much. So it was hyperbole to say "I have trouble using any gifts" and more appropriate to say, "I am usually conflicted over buying gifts because I really should buy the Gnosis up first, but would rather spend the XP on something more immediately beneficial". And it's not a major issue, honestly- as I could spend 1 month's xp and get both to 2 and no longer worry about the matter. I was just pointing out that as a char that started with 1G and 1R, I keenly noticed the difference in TT and LARP activation of Gifts, and often do have the "crap I'd like to spend a rage/gnosis here but can't because it's my only one" issue.

Patch

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah. Buying another point of Gnosis or Willpower or another level of Dodge isn't particularly sexy, but it can be a lifesaver. Sometimes players make the mistake of loading up on the "cool stuff" and not taking the basic stats needed to support all that flash and pizazz.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 am

Fair point. Obviously I have enough of all the traits on my sheet. Except when I don't. A recent example is a foe that stole 2 Rage/Willpower each round. Ouch.

There are some keenly inspiring ways around some of these issues. Have the Totem that causes you to always have 1 Rage no matter what. Take some of the more powerful Gifts that require a full combat round to resolve so you don't miss the extra actions from not having spare Rage. Request a Rage or Gnosis battery for use in combat. Or, I guess, spend the 4 months of 6 XP a month to buy them to max and seldom worry about it again.
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob MacCoy Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:31 am

Early in the game i saw player with 5 or 6 gifts. While I sat with just the basic 3 you get. Others asked me what the hell I did with the 30xp start for a homid I was given. Homid, Ahroun, Bone Gnawer with 5 will 5 gnosis and 5 rage. lots of xp spent there.
Bob MacCoy
Bob MacCoy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sewer Pipe Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 am

Get all the things.
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis

Back to top Go down

Gnosis Empty *grin*

Post  Rides the Nights Wind Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 am

What Iggy Said.... if you buy all the lovely Gifts that Cost Gnosis you have to then go buy lots of extra Gnosis. Especially if you only start with 1 Gnosis and or 1 Rage. If you spend that 1 point you either cant rage heal, cant shift, and or cant enter the Umbra so time to invest some points in Rage and Gnosis

Rides the Nights Wind

Character sheet
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 pm

There are plenty of roles for low-Rage or low-Gnosis characters to take, but I agree it's difficult to use your Genre-given powers without one or the other.
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

I started with both a good array of gifts and gnosis, rage, and wp high, but my abilities and backgrounds suffered. Been fixing that for awhile, but plot has more often required me to buy new gifts and rites than abilities.

Had only 1 dot total in combat skills my first three months.

MarkWalker

Character sheet
Tribe: Wendigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down