fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dark epics

3 posters

Go down

dark epics Empty dark epics

Post  Firewall Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok i've been told that we are useing dark epics for influences. I've read the dark epics book cover to cover now 3 times and call me a dumb grunt but i cannot figure out how the glasswalker tribal advantage works in the influence system there. Can someone anyone please explain it to me. The way im reading it influences cost nothing with dark epics just time and growth actions. The glasswalker tribal advantage is influences only cost 1 how does this work with dark epics? What am i missing?

Next question are we only useing dark epics rules for just influences or are we useing them for skills as well paticularly Lores. Lores out of dark epics rules no one would have above a 2 since it takes years of constant study to get above that number unless im reading that wrong as well.
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

dark epics Empty Re: dark epics

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Step 1 non glass walkers are currently paying xp based on level: level 2 costs 2, 3 costs 3 etc.

Step 2 the watch/trace/attack etc stuff that let's you attempt to shut down/piggy back on vampires

Step 3 we also use the weapons rules out if DE

Step 4 it's been a while since I read the lore rules, no clue.
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Ragabash

https://fallingwaters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Firewall Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm

I understand how non glass walkers buy influences since they are not useing dark epics. With dark epics however the way i read it all it takes is time with growth actions to raise it up unless im missing something there like it not only takes time but it also costs exp. Still a little confused. well not a little but alot lol
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes it costs XP and time. 1XP per level for Glasswalker, more for non Glass Walkers. Each time you want to grow an influence (except the first) you need to have 3 months equivalent of growth.

Example:

Elise has Police 2 and wants to buy Police 3. She needs 3 months of growth for basically 6 points of growth. If she grows 2 each month for three months for a total of 6 growth points then she can pay the XP to buy Police 3. Of course the growth can go slower if desired.
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Firewall Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:49 pm

guess thats what i was missing was the exp expenditure point didnt see it in the dark epic book at all but will go back and check again. Thanks Smile
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guards the Home Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

You basically have to sacrifice using your infleunce to grow it for three months. With a name like Firewall I assume you are a Glass Walker so won't be too expensive.
Guards the Home
Guards the Home

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down