fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Board Adventures

+3
Ashmoore
Sewer Pipe
Stbrian
7 posters

Go down

Crazy Board Adventures Empty Crazy Board Adventures

Post  Stbrian Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Just thinking out loud,

Is there anybody who wants to be having adventures and earning renown on the boards who feels like they're not getting hooks right now? We want everybody to have a shot at doing cool stuff. If you're interested in getting more involved, PM me or Bucky.

But more openly, how can we help get you more involved?

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Crazy Board Adventures Empty Re: Crazy Board Adventures

Post  Sewer Pipe Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:56 pm

ME!

oh wait.
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashmoore Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Personal board adventures might be fun. I really liked a few of the past ones. But... recently i haven't been able to post as frequently and logging on 6 hours after one post to find that the entire thread has moved to another area and already well beyond the original topic is frustrating. So, I have sorta fallen out of posting in those. (Great news to hear from the Sept Alpha, eh?)
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet
Tribe: Silent Striders

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 am

I'll have sporatic internet for the next week, going camping. Will keep online much as I can. Reserved a Ellicott Creek site because I ran out of time to hunt around, site number to follow. Have a great week everybody. Smile

-b

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Singer Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Sept Alpha, a good CO doesn't keep his nose in everything. That's why you have a chain of command.

Billy will tell this to Ashmore if Ashmore seems to be fretting about things happening that he was unaware of:

"My grandfather joined the Army in the Second World War. In the middle of OCS, all the officers had a classroom test. They were each given a blue book, a pencil, and the following instructions: "You are a platoon commander. The battalion commander summons you at noon and tells you 'I want a 20-foot tall flagpole erected in front of the battalion command tent, ready by 0700 tomorrow. Make it happen.' You, the platoon commander, have a full-strength infantry platoon, and whatever materials and tools are likely to be available to a platoon in garrison. What, specifically, do you do to fulfill the order you were given? You have one hour to write your answer."

"Now, at this point all the candidates start writing in their blue books. My grandfather wrote a detailed explanation of how he would send two squads to carry a telephone pole to the tent, have another squad digging the hole for the pole with shovels, and the fourth squad getting the required rope, pulley, and three flags, because exceeding orders is good."

"At the conclusion of the hour, the instructor gathered up all the blue books, but did not dismiss the candidates. They sat in their chairs and watched as the instructor glanced briefly at the first page of each book, then made a notation in his grade book. They grew increasingly annoyed that after all that writing, the instructor was making it obvious that he didn't care about all the thought they had put into their solutions."

"After finishing the last blue book, the instructor dropped the whole pile of tests into the trash can and broke the silence. 'You have all failed. The correct answer to the test was: "I summon my platoon sergeant. I say, 'Platoon sergeant: The battalion CO wants a 20-foot tall flagpole erected in front of the battalion command tent, ready by 0700 tomorrow. Make it happen." Then you walk away and let the job get done without you micromanaging it.'"

"My grandfather says that was the most important lesson he learned in OCS."
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashmoore Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 am

Lead from the front!

But good advice either way.
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet
Tribe: Silent Striders

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Maybe play off of back stories more. I have a tendency to write my back stories for my chars what GLARINGLY LARGE issues that should bite me, and I notice that ST's never do anything with it. I would be nice for the people, things, event from someones past to show up and kick them in the balls in a way that would make them grow.

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 pm

We were waiting, but if you insist. Wink

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Jason Pontecello wrote: I would be nice for the people, things, event from someones past to show up and kick them in the balls in a way that would make them grow.

The characters, or the balls?
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippy Pathfinder Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Hahahaha. I loved the last few board adventures I was on, and I'm glad they continue. It makes it easier for everyone to be involved too, which is important to me as an away gamer (till August 1st!).
Skippy Pathfinder
Skippy Pathfinder

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down