fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection

2 posters

Go down

2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection Empty 2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection

Post  Stbrian Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 am

Hey folks,

March is just around the corner, and if the weather is projected to be above, say, 55 degrees, we will be moving back outside, otherwise the transition out of Baldy will happen in April.

Still, we will have at least six outdoor sessions this year, and I wanted to start the discussion of what parks we need to check out this year. I would very much like to run at Allegany State Park and/or sculpture park this summer, but both these sites are about an hour away from our home base at UB, so some work would need to be done to make sure everybody can make it.

What other places would you like to run a session this year?

Current Candidates:

Chestnut Ridge
Emory Park
Allegany State Park
Griffis Sculpture Park
Letchworth State Park

Last edited by Stbrian on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection Empty Re: 2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 am

Heck if we do Allegany State Park if we did it early enough we could get a few cabins in one of the smaller areas and do an over night session. If worse comes to worse I have options for my pack at least. Because my Hunting Cabin is well about 30 min from the State Park.

There were some very nice looking Picinic Area in Emory park as well.
The Chesnut Ridge park was also a nice clean place as well. Depending if people are willing to make the Drive Letchworth State Park out beyond Warsaw is I think just a bit closer then Allegany state park and it has a great waterfalls very scenic.

Back to top Go down

2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection Empty Re: 2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection

Post  Stbrian Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am

Another good point raised. Should we have a saturday night campout session?

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

2012 Outdoor Session Site Selection Empty Hmmm

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 am

Well I went looking for a good look at some of the Full Service Group Camps in Alleghany State Park it looks like we would pay about $175 or so a night for a Group Cabin min 20 people max 75.

There are several to choose from it would be a bit more for a weekend day and people would still probably need to pay the $6 per car for park access unless we arrange to get the Stickers to them outside the Park.

Its and interesting idea and if we ever wanted to do what that Group in Conn is doing Alleghany might be a good Idea.

Charles

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob MacCoy Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 am

Friday night to Sunday morning I would do, once or twice a year at most.
Bob MacCoy
Bob MacCoy

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down