fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protocol for Joining a Sept.

+2
Jason Pontecello
Billy Singer
6 posters

Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty Protocol for Joining a Sept.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 am

Ok....

All this is OOC information for players...

The Location of a Caern is a secret... IC I might know that the Hand of Gaia Caern is located somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region....

How do I find it....

I go to the Finger Lakes region I get as close to it as My Information allows me and then I howl a Howl of Introduction...... The People who hear the howl then send a Pack to find me.... perhaps they Howl Back This way...
and then I howl again. We will handle the inherent problems with this later how to deal with the BSD pack who comes to intercept our lone Howler... Evil or Very Mad

But Unless you have someone giving you very detailed information... or your a Glasswalker who called ahead or something the liklihood of just showing up at the Baun is very small...

Now that being Said... we the New Sept... of.... "Thundering Snow" did we pick a name Yet???? Anyway we need to get Organized form a guardian pack and get a greeting pack... the Pack should Idealy contain someone with Sense Wyrm and a few other Key gifts to allow them to question the new applicant and verify their bonifides...????

Charles

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty Re: Protocol for Joining a Sept.

Post  Billy Singer Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 am

Garou ask the spirits to find locations that aren't on maps. It's one of the points of having a totem, is to get info like that. Otherwise, how could one ever aim a moon bridge?
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 am

Like Pokemon you can only fly to cities you have been to...

*Smile*

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 am

Works for Food is right on the generalities. Billy is correct on the precise matter in question.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 am

Yes there are spirits and gifts that can get you to the right location.

But...

What I am trying to avoid is a pattern of behavior. I have been in larps where the Big Bad Guys new where the location of the Elysium and Clan Gathering were because thats where they attacked us every month.... Mad Rolling Eyes

So I am not picking on anyone not even NOX who I helped build his character.

If the Spirits called you or sent you then that is what it is and we have to check you out... Grit you teeth the probing will be without lube.... Shocked Sad

But the Point of my little rant is to kick start the Sept and Packs into organizing...

1. Whos Job is it to greet visitors
2. Whos Job is it to protect and patrol the Baun.

As for Moon Bridges they are pre-aranged between 2 Septs who have Path Stones [To My Knowledge our Sept does not posses such an object] And the Ritual to establish the Moon Bridge is done once a year at the same time in both septs failure by either Ritual group and the moon bridge between the 2 septs wont work.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:27 am

I think it's important to seperate OOC and IC here.

IC:
This is an issue of vital importance. The new Caern must be protected at nearly any cost.

OOC:
I've been on record for years that Elysium raids are stupid and do nothing but hurt RP and create resentment against the staff (generally for the sense that the NPCs are not playing fair).

Unless the Caern is betrayed by a PC, we will never attack it.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:46 am

Now Brian this Is Werewolf ..... If the Pack that gets to be the Warder Pack doesnt see some action now and again....????? Wink

This is purely my OOC: Rant as soon as I get done with Iggy Challenge I will be speaking to the Council of slightly senior citizens... yes that a good term.

But I agree with you in the long run the Caern should be the most secure spot... not the least where Ive had characters stop comming to Elysium because it was too dangerous.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Singer Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 am

Well, the warder pack spends it's "off time" patrolling which mostly means "civil affairs". They have to guide away hikers, misdirect DEC foresters, trick leaf-peepers, etc. If they are making a habit of getting into fights and killing people, then the caern sure won't be secure for long, as the humans begin to notice a pattern of people going missing in what should be a public park, and more nosy and dangerous types began to pay attention to the area. So the warden pact will be most active once a month, during the session/moot; because all the area garou have gathered, that's their time to get someone else to watch the bawn for a few hours, while they can go somewhere for a hunt and a change of scenery. (At least that's how I see it.)

Ideally, of course, you settle kinfolk around the outside of the bawn to help control things. But that's a longer-term proposition, more useful to cairns that have been going concerns for decades.
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 am

Agree totaly on that... now if we can just tap some Silver Fangs Trust Fund I think I can find a whole mess of Kinfolk in need of afordable housing.... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Singer Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:15 am

It takes a lot of effort to access the Silver Fang Beer Fund Vintage Wine Fund Hundred-Year-Single-Barrel Scotch Fund!
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty *Raised Eyebrow*

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 am

You just need to get access to his wallet... a combination of the Gifts Sticky Fingers and Taken the Forgotten and the collaboration of a Cyber Wolf and Viola... access to those numbered swiss accounts in the Caemen Islands cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Singer Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am

Luckily most of the Silver Fang have "password1" as their electronic banking password.
Billy Singer
Billy Singer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty *chuckles*

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:16 am

I thought it was...
1 2 3 4....

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Works For Food wrote:I thought it was...
1 2 3 4....

That's amazing, that's the SAME combination I have on my luggage!

Oh, wait: I'm a Bone Gnawer. I don't HAVE luggage...
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob MacCoy Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 am

Stbrian wrote:Unless the Caern is betrayed by a PC, we will never attack it.
I would advise you to change that stance slightly to Unless a PC does something stupid enough to expose the Caern location to the BSDs. Like running wounded from a fight straight to the caern and leaving a sent trail for the BSDs to follow.
Bob MacCoy
Bob MacCoy

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:49 am

No need to qualify my statement. I lie. Smile

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:06 am

Wait... you lie? Shocked Say it ain't so! *sniff* My poor innocent naivety ruined again, at least there's still the Easter bunny to count on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am

Acctualy....

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty *Evil Grin*

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:06 am

Holds up a large rabbit and some Jelly Beans and Eggs along with a large pot!

Pot Luck anyone...????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:21 am

Hey now! Don't you do it... don't make me quote Nicholas Cage.

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty *sighs*

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 am

----> Bump ---->

More Lessons need to teach New Garou....

Ok... Say you are a lost Cub.... or your parents are Kinfolk but maybe havent had any active Garou in their blood line for a few generations. Hopefully someone upon your birth took you to a sept and had the Ritual: Baptism by Fire performed on you.

So what happens is someone holds you over a fire and introduces you to a Kin Fetch. This lovely little spirit is your Tribal Spirit it a tiny spirit really smaller then a Jaggeling and what it does if it remembers or notices is keep tabs on you until sometime after 13th Birthday and usually before you are 20 you undergo your first change.

At which case it runs to the nearest Garou of your Tribe it can find or well the Closest Garou it can find or even a Bigger Spirit and the message gets back to hopefully the Garou who did the Baptism of Fire or someone that a New Garou has undergone his first change.

Of Course given the violent nature of such changes the Reported Bigfoot Sighting or the attack by a Bear or other Wild Animals on someone might have already made the News.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sees in Darkness Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Sorry, why is this in the ooc conversation about joining a sept? I'm not sure if I'm grasping the crossover from lost cub.

edited to add
Ah, I just got to the "Another Voice" topic. nm

Sees in Darkness

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus

Back to top Go down

Protocol for Joining a Sept. Empty *Evil Grin*

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 am

Actually that prompted it but honestly We just all need to brush up on the Type of Howls and how Garou find each other.

In the Olden days you moved into an area until you found the Boundry Markers of another Pack of Sept... Yes you are sniffing trees and then you howld and introduction and they came to meet you and check you out. Now a days the same thing occurs accept you hope the New Sept reaches you before a BSD Pack does the same.

Also in the New Days if you know enough info you call ahead on your Cell Phone.

Of Course our New Cub appears to have an Inside Source.. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down