fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The resting place of Joshua Davis

5 posters

Go down

The resting place of Joshua Davis Empty The resting place of Joshua Davis

Post  Father Thomas Rogers Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:43 am

Kneeling at the resting place of Joshua Davis, Father Thomas can be seen setting up some candles, incense, and other items.  His voice is quiet but some words can be made out down the halls, it seems to be a Psalm of sorts.  Lighting the incense and a single candle he kneels at the foot of the grave and prays, its as if he is waiting for another to arrive.

Father Thomas Rogers

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

The resting place of Joshua Davis Empty Re: The resting place of Joshua Davis

Post  Ashmoore Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:41 am

*Late to the party, Ashmoore arrives dressed unusually well.*

"Thank you for doing this Father. He was my closest friend.

So... what do we do?"
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Silent Striders

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Jason walks up from deeper in the Hall, he looks better than he has, almost at some kind of peace.  He walks up to the others, "Ashmoore, Thomas, would you mind if I joined you for a moment?"

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Thomas Rogers Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:47 pm

"Jason, please join us as this is about reverance and rememberance.  As far as what we are to do..."

Pausing for a moment the Father takes the small bible he has out and places it in a box he has with him.  Turning back to the two that have gathered, "we will go with a more unorthodox theme for today."

Standing up he looks at the gathered, "Gentlemen, worry not of your sorrows for today but of your revelry with Joshua and the friendship that you had gained.  We come together today to give thanks to a true Garou who gave his life bravely on the field of battle.  Our thoughts and prayers to those of his family and kinfolk who he left behind but cared deeply for.  Also for the great deeds he acomplished in life with the help of his brothers and sisters in arms.  Let none who come after speak poorly about Joshua Davis, Fostern childe of Unicorn, whos body we put to rest here today and whos soul will live on in hearts of his friends and the stories of the Garou nation."

"Gentlemen, think of a moment of time that Joshua brightened your life or made you more of the Garou you are today.  I know you two are not Galliards, but tell his stories so that the spirits gathered here today will hear of his positive deeds from his brothers directly."

Father Thomas Rogers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Mercy Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:48 pm

*Lillian shows up as listens as the Father speaks*
Lillian Mercy
Lillian Mercy

Character sheet
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashmoore Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:36 pm

"Well, since I asked you here... I figure that I ought to start.

Josh gave his life to save me when we were fighting the tentacles surrounding Gahai Hill. I didn't ask for that and I wish I could have been the one to have died for him but if he hadn't broken my frenzy, I would have died. I regret that the sept let him down; most especially me. In my grief, I left and... in a way, made his sacrifice a little less important. I had to get away but I left too much undone.

I remember Josh to be my moral compass. Before I met him, I'd never had a friend or a brother, really. He took me in and made being a garou tolerable, adding a little bit of understanding to this unending fight. He's one of the few who protested that we don't need to solve all of our problems through violence, especially among our own kind. Before I met him, I just didn't care about anything. I was a lost cause but he cared more about family than he cared about himself."
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Pontecello Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Jason listens to Ashmoore's story.  He bows in respect.  Once Ashmoore finishes he looks up, "I didn't know Davis well, we only talked once or twice, and stood on the same battlefield as many times.  One thing sticks out in my mind.  We once sat in Old Frank's garage and talked about if Winter's Wrath really was 'Maxim's Folly'.  It was not something I had thought of until that point, and I started thinking of other points of view.  He taught me to look at both sides of the coin, something I admittedly am still not good at..."

Jason Pontecello

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Thomas Rogers Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:24 am

Turning to Lillian, "Some story of how Joshua's life touched yours?"

Father Thomas Rogers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Mercy Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm

*Lillian thinks a bit before responding*

Joshua was my cousin, and while we weren't the closest he was family.  He was there when we all came back and took me into a pack with Ashmoore.  *She will smile and nod at Ashmoore.*  I fought by his side, investigated and worked as a pack well.  He was there when we created the Caern of Winter's Wrath and our family died.  He fought those who would stop us and won that time.  I am still sad he is gone.
Lillian Mercy
Lillian Mercy

Character sheet
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Thomas Rogers Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm

"Spirits gathered with us today take note on the tales of Joshua Davis and how his life effected those around him in immeasurable ways.  Notice his wisdom shown from the knowledge that each of these stories imparts, understand the honor of taking care of family and giving them direction, know the glory of giving his life without reservation so that a friend may live."

Pausing for a moment to take a slip of paper from his robes, "Saint Michael be with us today to be an ear to this prayer for Joshua.  In Gaia, O sweet name, which gives the sinner strength and the blessed hope.  We pray you, Our Lady, Star of the Sea, shine upon us in our distress on the sea of life, and lead us to safe harbour and the ineffable joys of eternity.  Incline your ear, O Gaia, to our prayers in which we humbly pray that you show your mercy to the soul of your servant Joshua Davis, whom you commanded to leave this world.  Place him in the region of peace and light and bid him share the company of your saints."

Taking four small white candles from the box next to him, Thomas hands one to each of the gathered and keeping one himself instructs, "Take of this light of the candle that we have lit which represents Joshua's spirit."

Waiting till each person has lit their candle then carrying on, "Know that as the candle burns ever further to the end that it will not be alone in the dark night, that each of you carries on a piece of his soul.  Go now in Gaia's name and remember Joshua for what he gave to the Nation and more importantly what he gave to each of you."

Father Thomas Rogers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

A faintly glowing ball of light:

" Ashmoore, I really thought you were worth it, then you just walked away... and you've never even come to visit. That's fucked up, man.  You were gone and they killed Lilly's little guy.  You let me down.

The spirit pauses.

" Glad you're well Lillian, good to see ya. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashmoore Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 pm

"Striders don't mourn the dead the same way other tribes do. Father Thomas gave me a new perspective.

I'm glad you're still... around. "
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:48 pm

" I'm not even mad about that, but why'd you leave?  The Sept needed you.  My family needed you.  You let us down.  Now Victor's dead. "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashmoore Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:07 pm

"You were the only family I had, I was never family with them. I left because if I didn't... I'd have dropped into harano and taken my own life as well. I didn't think much beyond that. I know I let the sept down back then. I know that I let you down. But, I came back to make amends for that before it becomes my time as well.

I couldn't have stopped them from killing Victor; it's pretty clear that our moral choices weren't running the sept at the time. It's terrible that they made the choice that they did. It's partially why I returned, they can't keep choosing to kill everyone and everything when there are other alternatives. I didn't think they would so blatantly cross that line at the time but... I was more naive then."
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 pm

" You're my brother man.  Always will be.  Just... you know.. try to keep me in the loop, eh?  Don't pull this, 'ain't my thing' thing, you're a Strider, you talk to dead guys, I'm a dead guy... the story tells itself, right? "

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down