fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting these boards to work for everyone.

+3
Ashmoore
Sewer Pipe
Stbrian
7 posters

Go down

Getting these boards to work for everyone. Empty Getting these boards to work for everyone.

Post  Stbrian Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm getting some advise that people want to interact, but don't feel like they are able to.

I dig that, this is a very low NPC game... and that's by design. Falling Waters is in many ways a sandbox game; you probably aren't going to find elders handing out accolades and quest coupons. Everything you have in this game, you will earn.

That can be intimidating, it's meant to be intimidating.

I'm looking at your pack boards, and it seems in most packs, there are one or two people talking past each other. There seems to be trouble getting people rolling, through we have plenty of folks wanting to interact.

I'm really seriously open to suggestions about what we need to make the forum experience more satisfying. I believe everybody could be helping out by trying to not just post in public places... but making a point to reply to public posts. Remember, you're all generally on the same side, and there's no shame with ad hoc groups forming up to investigate or discuss problems.

That's it, just wanted to get folks thinking about this.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Fianna

Back to top Go down

Getting these boards to work for everyone. Empty Re: Getting these boards to work for everyone.

Post  Sewer Pipe Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Idea 1: Give more xp for posting, to encourage posting.

Idea 2: Explain to people you can get renown for board actions.. nevermind i will do it. HEY! YOU CAN GET RENOWN FOR BOARD POSTS!

Idea C: It is genre to brag. Seriously. Brag your ass off, and go do things.

Idea 4: This is the best place to do all the rituals you should be doing and feel silly doing IRL at game. So get on it.

Idea 5: along the same vein... there are not a whole lot of st, so talking to spirits, scouting locales, are all problematic at session.... not an issue here, friggin get to work!
Sewer Pipe
Sewer Pipe

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Getting these boards to work for everyone. Empty Re: Getting these boards to work for everyone.

Post  Ashmoore Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: XP for posting

If I have learned anything from forum use XP in FQ, its that it doesn't generate better overall interaction, just more pointless posts by people trying to get XP.
Ashmoore
Ashmoore

Character sheet
Tribe: Silent Striders

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Well...hmm. I'm inclined to agree on the XP issue; if people WON'T post without an xp reward, then the xp reward isn't likely to generate quality posts.

On the other hand, if people aren't posting because they're not sure of WHAT to post, that's another story.

For me, the boards are a must. There's no way I'd get everything I want to do done during a single monthly session. Chiminage alone would take up the whole session. I think theurges have it a little easier when it comes to making their own RP opportunities, because we can always just go talk to a spirit.

On the other hand, we're not the only ones who can talk to spirits; it's just easier for us. There are contacts; there are Kinfolk; there are lots of opportunities to create RP interaction. The operative word is "create." Being proactive is always important, but in this game, it's critical. There just aren't a lot of NPCs waiting to initiate plots and storylines, so you have to go out and initiate your own.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I'd role-play more on the boards if I had a pack board.

Even if it's marked un-named pack, That's good enough for now.

MarkWalker

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Wendigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Whose pack did you end up in? I can fix that nowish.

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkWalker Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 pm

James Jenning's pack. Me, Megan, Her Father, Jack, and James.

MarkWalker

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Wendigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 pm

done!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Getting these boards to work for everyone. Empty *hmmmm*

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:06 am

What Iggy and Ben said.... thats Sewer Pipe and Wishbone.....

Sometimes you have to plan ahead because the person you want to talk to doesnt check the boards as much as they should.... *kicks Pat and James*.....

Charles

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (Mtal Pnym) Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 am

on a note from above...does anyone else not see a pack board? (assuming that you are in a pack)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin (Mtal Pnym)
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Tribe: Glass Walkers

https://fallingwaters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shields the Heart Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm

I wrote a post, realized that it wasn't very constructive, and deleted it. Neutral

Shields the Heart

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Stbrian Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Awwwww!

Stbrian
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down