fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Event Planning

+13
Patch
Kat
Dasota
MarkWalker
Bob MacCoy
Silent Night
Wishbone
Robert McIntoch
Skippy Pathfinder
Sean Reily
Rides the Nights Wind
Scytheborn
Stbrian
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

June Event Planning - Page 3 Empty Re: June Event Planning

Post  Firewall Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 am

From my day of booring research and phone calls from mid june roughly to end of aug. is prime camping that equals more money and would need to put a deposit down pretty much by end of jan. Tommaro i should get my call back from letchworth and the boyscouts to see what and when and prices are available. Dasota found a cool place i will call them tommaro and get more info on that place.
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Firewall Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:06 am

Ok then may 31-june 2 and or june 7-9 Next would be number of folks attending. So we can figure out roughly how much space/cabins we will need.
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STMatthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 am

Most of our players play in multiple LARPs and will not want to be forced to choose. Also, it's bad PR for FW. Either the fifth weekend of June or third weekend of July may be good (avoids norigins). So either a weekend that's ours (third weekend) or completely open (fifth) will be best.

Schedule of LARPs in WNY:
1st Saturday - Frozen Queen
2nd Saturday - Dark Jihad a.k.a. Buffalo LARP
2nd Sunday* - Frozen Queen
3rd Saturday - Falling Waters
4th Saturday - Blood Snows
4th Sunday* - Rochester by Night

*After the 1st Saturday. So on months that begin with a Sunday, these become 3rd Sunday and 5th Sunday instead of 2nd and 4th.

Last edited by STMatthew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
STMatthew
STMatthew
Admin

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Get of Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Dasota Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 am

Just a note, it should say 5th Saturday of June. Or also the 3rd weekend of July.
Dasota
Dasota

Character sheet
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  STMatthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 am

Yep, will edit, thank you!
STMatthew
STMatthew
Admin

Character sheet
Tribe: Get of Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Firewall Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Dont really see how its bad PR for falling waters can you explain. If its the first weekend or the second weekend dont think anyone is forceing folks to go if you want to you go if not no big deal. Also as i posted earlyer from mid june the 15th all the way to end of aug 24th is prime camping in our reagon for 95% of all places and they in turn want more money and want reservations done up to 12 months in advance IE: allegany wants up to 9 months in advance and they do not do a daily rate during that time period they do a weekly rate. Thats just one example i have called 18 places so far can list more examples if you like. Now if we are dead set on prime time and has to be the 3rd saterday/sunday of the month we may be looking at just finding a friend that has land and just tent camping on privet land with no admenities this i may be able to swing. Or we look more broader across the state rather than within the 100 miles of buffalo.
Firewall
Firewall

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dasota Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Most everyone else plays in other larps, I actually play in all the larps except for Blood Snows, and I'd rather not skip any of those, but I do like the idea of this camping event a lot. If we have it on say the 3rd weekend of July (Guess what, for all that it's prime season, Evangola is not a busy campground and we won't need to do 9+ months in advanced to get reservations) it's already our larp weekend and our folks in this larp already have it set aside for this larp. The 5th weekend of June is a bonus weekend and also doesn't make people choose.

I'm also seeing this event as a fun way to also recruit new players from the other larps as well, but if we schedule it on a weekend of their larp(s ) they'll be less likely to show if at all.

It's also comes down to a politeness thing. We do our best not to schedule things on their days, and they do their best to not schedule things on our day.

I'm gonna also keep using Evangola as an example since I do know the area, so bear with me here, the heat and such won't be nearly as much of an issue if we do it later in the middle of summer, why? Because it's right next to the lake.

I dunno about y'all, but we've got ourselves a cheap campground that's not super busy, with a cabin for those that need to sleep up off the ground or whatever, that's relatively cool for the summer because of the lake, and is close to us. And the contention of smoking/drinking? Don't be an asshole. Very Happy

So there's my "offical" offer of a place and that place has my vote and my suggestion of dates. (Though, are we doing this a Friday/Saturday/Sunday, so 2 nights, 3 days, or are we only doing 1 night 2 days?)

Oh! Also, I mentioned before, but in my offer, I want to make sure all the info is in one spot, if you have a pop up camper or an RV or whatever, they do have sites to accommodate that as well.
Dasota
Dasota

Character sheet
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3