fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talens and renown

2 posters

Go down

Talens and renown Empty Talens and renown

Post  Wishbone Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 pm

I don't know if this actually concerns anyone else at the moment, but I'm sure it will eventually.

The way the renown rules are set up, Theurges have it pretty darned good. We need a lot of wisdom, but it's pretty easy to GET wisdom. For example: creating a talen gives me 1 wisdom. Now, that doesn't sound all that bad, until you consider how the rules for making talens work. I can crank out a LOT of talens at one time--up to 6, in fact.

6 wisdom, on top of other awards, is going to pile up pretty darned quick.

So much as the powergamer inside me would love to ride that gravy train straight to Rank 5, I propose the following: you only get wisdom for the first talen of a particular type you craft in a month. If you craft a bane arrow, you get 1 wisdom. If you craft 6 bane arrows, you still get 1 wisdom--your reward is having six bane arrows to play with.

On the other hand, if you're making multiple different types of talens, I think that should still count for more than one wisdom. You have to summon different spirits and negotiate with them differently.

Any thoughts?
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Talens and renown Empty Re: Talens and renown

Post  Maxim Dmitriev Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Each month it just seems fair that "creating talons" is worth 1 wisdom as you are not only benefiting the sect by making them, but you do get a little kickback.

Unless of course these talons are actually taking a toll on the spirit realm and there are causalities attached, then the 1 per i would definatly stick with. (again ST fiat on this)

Maxim Dmitriev

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Silver Fangs

Back to top Go down