fallingwaters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going?

5 posters

Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going?

Post  Wishbone Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Will anyone else be going to Gen Con, and if so, will they be playing in the OWBN Garou game there? Charles and I are going, and it wouldn't be bad at all to have a few more Falling Waters regulars there to show the colors.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty Re: Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going?

Post  Patch Fri May 24, 2013 8:39 pm

when/where gencon?

Patch

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty Re: Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going?

Post  Wishbone Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Indianapolis, August 15-18. The event's Saturday from 12-6.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty Gen Con

Post  Rides the Nights Wind Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm

The Event is LRP1345216

Rides the Nights Wind

Character sheet
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Uktena

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I would like to go, but know it would be a solo trip. I've got to make some decisions and plans in advance so . . . when is the deadline? do you have a link convenient?

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty ****

Post  Rides the Nights Wind Sat May 25, 2013 12:46 am

Ok, Gen Con is huge and Ben, His Wife, a Friend and myself booked are hotel room a couple of weeks after the last Gen Con.
http://www.gencon.com/
You can still register for the Con and Get Event tickets if not sold and delivered directly too your home up till Late June Early July. After that you stand in really long lines for at Call or show up and sign up.
I just happened to catch the OWBN event for Garou while paging thru the list of ten thousand events. So it became my Major Plan for Saturday afternoon and Evening, but we arrive after the 8 hour drive on Wednesday.

Rides the Nights Wind

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishbone Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am

Yeah. Gen Con is huge, and not cheap. It's not quite DragonCon, and it's not Comicon, but it's not far from that level at this point. It's not really daytrip-viable, given that it's in Indy, and hotel space is going to be hard to come by at this point. (You can still get a hotel several miles outside the city proper and drive in in the morning, but it's unlikely you'll get anything within walking distance of the convention center.)

My advice would be, if you're going to do Gen Con, do Gen Con. There's a lot to see, and a lot of things to do there. The OWBN event is just one of them.
Wishbone
Wishbone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Sun May 26, 2013 12:51 pm

it sounds fun. :-) but I doubt I will be able to find a way to swing it given the time and expense involved for something I'd be doing (generally) by myself. thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty ***

Post  Rides the Nights Wind Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 am

*Evil Grin*

So our Planning for Gen Con 2014 starts 4th Week of August 2013 or immediately upon getting back from Gen Con 2013.
I usually Budget around $1100 to $1200 for Gas, Food, Lodging, registration and even tickets. Oh and time in the multi acre dealer room, auction and Charity Auction.
Its my one major addiction.

Rides the Nights Wind

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stanley Putski Fri May 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Shortbus,

You may want to consider going to the Grand Elysium on Independance Day weekend (July 4 - 7), it's in Columbus, Ohio. This is a 4 day OWbN event with Camarilla, Sabbat and Werewolf running independantly. Becca & I will be going.

http://www.owbn.net/events/grand-elysium-2013
Stanley Putski
Stanley Putski

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Patch Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 pm

thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. probably depends on whether I can convince the lady to accompany me. :-)

Patch

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Mercy Fri May 31, 2013 7:19 pm

There is also Nonclave which is a "camping" event that has cam, sabbat and Werewolf. This one is august 30th until the 2nd
Lillian Mercy
Lillian Mercy

Character sheet
Tribe: Children of Gaia

Back to top Go down

Gen Con OWBN Werewolf: anyone else planning on going? Empty *ouch*

Post  Rides the Nights Wind Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 am

Too many Events to little Time and Money

Rides the Nights Wind

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down